Monday, 27 February 2012

Some Cloudy Day KAL

I was foraging around on Rav the other day, when I came across this lovely KAL from Tiny Owl Knits.  I had to give it a go, but what to do?  My yarn stash has been seriously STASHED, in the process of trying to make a space for our 13yo, so we could prevent ourselves from killing him.  It's working, but meanwhile, my yarn is bloody hard to get to : (  Thank god for the fluff stash!!!  Much easier to find, and I  knew I had a bit of fluff that was lovely warm greys, perfect for this project.  I got this a while ago from katrinaswoolworld, on etsy.


lincoln


  bfl/coopworth/finn



The fluff after a bit of a flick - the white is lincoln.  This is the first time we'd used Herbert, our lovely inwood smith drum carder - we fumbled through with a bit of help from our 'ashford book of carding'.



Jazzy carding.


The start of our mountain of teeny fluffy batts - me, Jaz and Herbert did pretty well I reckon!


singles!



2ply




leggies on the way!

This stuff is beautiful to knit with, lovely and fluffy, incredibly warm.  It's been high 30s here for days on end, so I've had to put them down for a while - too bloody hot.  Today however, it's lovely and cool, so I might get them finished!






Jazzy in her finished leggies.  (One of these days I will learn how to put photos on properly - sorry).
I had plenty of yarn left over, so I made a matching cowl - as soon as I find a photo I'll put it on......

No comments:

Post a Comment